Browse by category
- WTF is happening in Germany?How did Germany go from one of the most advanced nations on earth to fearing wide-spread power outage, supply shortages, and economic devastation? Find out why the grass is always green on the other side when it comes to climate change policies.
- Exclusive look into the Mining Disrupt ConferenceMonthly News Letter • August 2022 This month’s news letter summarizes five highlights from the recent Mining Disrupt conference. Mining Disrupt was held July 26 through 28 in Miami, FL USA; bringing together nearly 100 exhibitors focused on Bitcoin mining technology and development. The full spectrum of the Bitcoin mining ecosystem could be found in the conference throughout half a million square feet of exhibition space which included two floors of the Miami Airport Convention Center. There were three pass levels, General Admission, VIP, and Whale. The VIP and Whale tickets included perks like free buffet lunches, open bars, and… Read More »Exclusive look into the Mining Disrupt Conference
- Coal MaximalistsMonthly News Letter • July 2022 The Rocky Mountain Mining Institute held its annual conference June 26-28 in Snowmass, CO this year. There were technical presentations about the state of the coal mining industry, search & rescue training, and Bitcoin. You may not have expected Bitcoin to be on the roster of topics at a coal mining conference but there is a compelling case to orange-pill coal miners and coal-pill Bitcoiners. This month’s news letter aims to provide insight into the current state of coal mining in North America and how Bitcoin mining can be leveraged for efficiency gains. The… Read More »Coal Maximalists
- Stronger grids, one ASIC at a time.Monthly News Letter • June 2022 As the saying goes; “use it or lose it”, electricity is a commodity that must be consumed as it is produced. Electrical infrastructure requires constant supply, demand, and maintenance. When there is a break-down in one of those three pillars, the whole system is affected. This month’s news letter focuses on the balance required for healthy electrical infrastructure and how Bitcoin mining solves problems that affect everyone connected to it. The Merom Facility The Merom Generating Station in Merom, Indiana USA is a coal powered energy facility owned by Hoosier Energy, who had plans… Read More »Stronger grids, one ASIC at a time.
- The Rise & Fall of BIP119Monthly News Letter • May 2022 Life comes at you fast, especially in an industry like Bitcoin where there is no central authority to make decisions for the rest of the network. Only 14 days after announcing plans for rolling out a new Bitcoin soft fork, BIP119 author Jeremy Rubin announced he will not be advancing the activation attempt. First, let me be clear: I am not advancing a Speedy Trial(ST) activation of Bitcoin Improvement Proposal-119 (BIP-119) CheckTemplateVerify (CTV) at this time. Jeremy Rubin, on the bitcoin-dev mailing list This month’s news letter gives a high-level overview of what BIP119… Read More »The Rise & Fall of BIP119